The Library and Information Resources Network, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation founded in 1996, is a consortium of educational institutions which have joined to share access to information resources. LIRN® grew out of a project of the Advisory Council of the (Florida) State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities and is now an independent organization. LIRN® provides group purchasing and centralized management of electronic information resources for its members, and operates a validation server which is a single login gateway to vendor services.
LIRN® is a multi-location, virtual organization, with business offices in Largo, Florida, and its officers, trustees, and technical staff are loacated at various locations around the United States. Phone numbers and addresses are available for our trustees and officers/staff tabs above. The LIRN® gateway server is housed in the state of the art commercial data center of Peak 10 Data Center Solutions in Tampa, Florida.
A LIRN® Board of Trustees teleconference is held on the last Thursday of each month between 10 and 11 a.m. Eastern time unless otherwise noted. All LIRN® members (and potential members) are welcome to participate. We will be using the Raindance dial in number unless otherwise announced: (888) 693-8686, conference ID 7939950604.
LIRN® Officers and Staff
The following documents are available for download
- Books 24x7 50 Lessons and Leadership Development Channel Data Sheet
- Books 24x7 BusinessPro Data Sheet
- Books 24x7 IT and Desktop Video Data Sheet
- Books 24x7 ITPro Data Sheet
- Books 24x7 Virtual Tour
- Books 24x7 Well-Being Essentials Data Sheet
- Gale Virtual Reference Library titles as of September 2013
- Gateway 3.5 Release Notes
- Gateway 3.6 Release Notes
- InfoTrac Gale Cengage Fall 1013 Training Schedule
- LIRN 2012 brochure
- LIRN® Hosted Proxy
- ProQuest CAPTCHA announcement
- ProQuest Fall 2013 Training Schedule
- The LIRN® Collection Summary
- The LIRN® Promotional Poster - 11 x 17
- The LIRN® Promotional Poster - 8.5 x 11
- The LIRN® Quick Reference Sheet
- The Using LIRN® Guide
The documents above require a PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.
LIRN® Contact Information
For more information, you may contact us:
We also have a Contact Form that you can use to request more information about LIRN® services available for your institution.
Import this contact by scanning the image above with your smartphone's camera.